2015-2016 Appeal Submission Priority Deadline: July 1, 2015.
|Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal Form||Download Form|
To open a .pdf you may need to download the free Adobe Reader.
Students must follow the process below to appeal either the non-selection of Arizona Assurance or the non-renewal of Arizona Assurance funding. The Arizona Assurance Appeal Committee members include staff from the Arizona Assurance Office and staff from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA). The Arizona Assurance Appeal Committee's decision is final and cannot be overturned or re-appealed.
Reasons for Appeal:
Common examples include, but are not limited to:
- Student’s own medical or physical illness or injury or disability –see process below*
- Family, including death of a family member
- Other extenuating circumstances that are beyond the control of the student
Requirements for Seeking Appeals:
Reasons other than student’s own mental or physical illness or injury or disability:
Students seeking an appeal for reasons other than mental or physical illness or injury or disability must submit all of the following to OSFA :
- An Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal form in its entirety
- A personal statement explaining the circumstances of the request. The statement should be no longer than one page in length
- Supporting documentation (e.g., third-party statements, police reports, an obituary or death certificate, court documentation, or a letter from an attorney or other professional detailing the reasons for the student’s inability to meet Arizona Assurance funding requirements)
*Student’s own mental or physical illness or injury or disability:
Students seeking an appeal based upon his/her own mental or physical illness or injury or disability must submit an Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal form in its entirety, a personal statement, and a Verification of Health-Related Reasons for OSFA form from Campus Health:
Provide medical documentation from a licensed health care provider, or a letter on that health care provider’s letterhead, to Campus Health Service. This documentation should contain the following information:
- The approximate date of onset of the mental or physical illness or injury or disability giving rise to the circumstances surrounding the request for appeal, and the dates through which such condition is reasonably expected to continue;
- The general nature of the mental or physical illness or injury or disability that gave rise to the request for appeal;
- The date on which the student anticipates being able to resume his/her Arizona Assurance funding.
Provide your healthcare professional's letter or medical documentation to Campus Health Service to the attention of:
Dr. Michael Stilson
Director, Medical Services
Tucson, AZ 85721
Campus Health Service will review the documentation. If the documentation meets the conditions for appeal based upon the student’s own mental or physical illness or injury or disability, Campus Health Service will issue a “Verification of Health-Related Reasons for OSFA” form. The verification form will include the dates of onset of the condition and the dates through which such condition continued, but will not include information related to the nature of the condition. The student must attach the “Verification of Health-related Reasons for OSFA” form to his/her Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal form and submit both to OSFA.
The University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. Submission of an appeal request does not guarantee approval.