2014-2015 Appeal Submission Priority Deadline: September 1, 2014
|Arizona Assurance Housing Appeal Form||Download Form|
Students must follow the process below to appeal a change to his/her housing selection.
- New Arizona Assurance Scholars (starting fall 2014) – The Housing appeal is needed if you will be changing your housing from living with a parent or off-campus to living on-campus in a Residence Hall.
- Continuing Arizona Assurance Scholars – Appeals are needed if you will be changing your housing from either commuter to either on-campus living in a Residence Hall or commuter to off-campus paying rent.
The Arizona Assurance Appeal Committee members include staff from the Arizona Assurance Office and staff from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA). The Arizona Assurance Appeal Committee's decision is final and cannot be overturned or re-appealed. Submission of the appeal does not guarantee approval and approval of the appeal will be based on documentation provided and the availability of funding. If funding is no longer available but the documentation is acceptable, the student will be placed on a funding waitlist. Being placed on the waitlist does not guarantee that funding will be awarded to the student as it is also based on the availability of funding.
Requirements for Seeking Appeals:
- Complete the Arizona Assurance Housing Appeal form in its entirety
- Attach a personal statement explaining the circumstances of the request, which should be no longer than one page in length
Attach supporting documentation
On-Campus (Residence Hall) Housing: Documentation from Residence Life confirming your on-campus housing
- Note, documentation is not needed if your Bursar billing account has already been charged for your current semester’s housing
- Off-Campus (Paying Rent) Housing: Lease agreement, utility bill in your name, signed statement from your landlord. Other documentation submitted must be explained on the Housing Appeal form.
- On-Campus (Residence Hall) Housing: Documentation from Residence Life confirming your on-campus housing
The University reserves the right to modify this policy at any time.