You must be enrolled in undergraduate-level units to receive loan funds (6 units is half-time status/ 12 units is full-time).
Three Steps to Success
2. Accept your loans
A. Navigate to UAccess and click Student Center
B. Must Confirm Which Charges To Pay
For federal student aid only, students must grant UA their permission for UA to pay charges other than tuition and mandatory fees with their federal student aid (grants and student loans
3. Complete your Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)
You need to complete a new MPN if:
- A MPN that lists UA as the designated school has never been completed.
- No actual loan funds were borrowed within 12 months of signing your last MPN.
- Your current MPN has expired and is no longer valid. (MPNs are only valid for ten years)
- You directed the lender to terminate an MPN to stop any new loans from being borrowed under the MPN.
Rates and Discounts - Undergraduates
New rates and fees for loans first disbursed between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017
- 3.76% Subsidized and Unsubsidized loan fixed interest rate on or after July 1, 2016
- 4.66% Subsidized and Unsubsidized loan fixed interest rate before July 1, 2016
- 8.25% Lifetime interest rate cap (undergraduate loans)
- 1.068% Origination Fee before October 1, 2016
- 1.069% Origination Fee starting October 1, 2016
- Lender is the U.S. Department of Education
- Loans are serviced by U.S. Department of Education-contracted agencies
*For the most up-to-date interest rates, visit the U.S. Department of Education website.
Prior loans are not affected by this change.