- The borrower requesting the loan must sign in at studentloans.gov using his/her own FSA ID
- For Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS use the student FSA ID
- For Federal Direct Parent PLUS use the parent FSA ID
- On your "MY HOME PAGE" select Complete Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)
- Click the applicable loan type
- MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans
- PLUS MPN for Graduate/Professional Students
- PLUS MPN for Parents
- Follow progress bar to complete and submit MPN
Always use your full legal name and SSN as it appears on your social security card for the FAFSA, PIN and any loan documents. You must make corrections to these items if necessary before completing the Loan Agreement.
Who Completes a New Loan Agreement?
- New UA students
- First time borrowers
- Graduate students or parent borrowers who were required to have an endorser for 2011-2012 due to adverse credit. A Loan Agreement with an endorser is only valid for one loan.
Information You Need:
- Borrower must have their FSA ID ready. For instructions on how to create an FSA ID, visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Borrower's NAME, SSN, Date of Birth
Note: Borrower's name, date of birth and social security number (SSN) should be the same as it appears on the FAFSA and FSA ID.
- Be ready to provide two references (name, address, and telephone number.) These should be people who have known the borrower for at least one year (preferably relative) who live at different addresses.
- The Loan Agreement is the borrower's promise to repay all student loans granted under this Agreement. Signing the Loan Agreement does not obligate the borrower to take out a loan. The borrower is only responsible for loan funds they "Accept" each year.