- The borrower requesting the loan must sign in at studentloans.gov using his/her own FSA ID
- For Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized and Graduate PLUS use the student FSA ID
- For Federal Direct Parent PLUS use the parent FSA ID
- Find the Master Promissory Note section at studentloans.gov
- Click Complete MPN
- Click the applicable loan type
- Follow progress bar to complete and submit MPN
Always use your full legal name and SSN as it appears on your social security card for the FAFSA, PIN and any loan documents. You must make corrections to these items if necessary before completing the MPN.
Who Completes a New MPN
- New UA students
- First time borrowers
- Graduate students or parent borrowers who were required to have an endorser for 2011-2012 due to adverse credit. A MPN with an endorser is only valid for one loan.
Information You Need:
- Borrower must have their FSA ID ready. For instructions on how to create an FSA ID, visit https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Borrower's NAME, SSN, Date of Birth
Note: Borrower's name, date of birth and social security number (SSN) should be the same as it appears on the FAFSA and FSA ID.
- Be ready to provide two references (name, address, and telephone number.) These should be people who have known the borrower for at least one year (preferably relative) who live at different addresses.
- The MPN is the borrower's promise to repay all student loans granted under this MPN. Signing the MPN does not obligate the borrower to take out a loan. The borrower is only responsible for loan funds they "Accept" each year.