Many departments on campus have their own student employment websites. A few of them are listed below.
- Student Union http://www.union.arizona.edu/employment/
- Main Library http://www.library.arizona.edu/about/employment/index.html
- Recreation Center http://campusrec.arizona.edu/department_info/employment/application/start.php
- Parking and Transportation https://parking.arizona.edu/about/jobs/
- UA BookStore http://uabookstores.arizona.edu/jobs/
- College of Education http://www.coe.arizona.edu/wordcats_mathcats
- Flandrau Planetarium http://www.flandrau.org/involved/jobs
- UA Presents http://www.uapresents.org/aboutus/jobs/studentpositions.aspx
- University Information Technology Services (UITS) http://uits.arizona.edu/departments/oscr/jobs
- University Information Technology Services (UITS) http://uits.arizona.edu/content/247-it-support-center
- SafeRide, NOW hiring FWS students http://saferide.asua.arizona.edu/Safe_Ride/Employment.html
- SALT Center: http://www.salt.arizona.edu/services/tutor-employment
To find other UA department websites go to the UA Campus Directory at http://www.arizona.edu/az. Click on the letter of the department you’re interested in and then look for that specific department. Once you are in their website you can do a search for student employment.
Some tips to securing a job are:
- Follow up with the prospective employer; call them to see what the status is on your application. This will show them that you are motivated and interested in working for them.
- If there is a specific department you would like to work for, give them a call to see if they are hiring. Let them know you have a Federal Work Study Award.
- When you interview, dress professionally. Do not wear shorts and flip-flops.
- Make eye contact and show confidence.
- Always be prepared with your resume and references in case you are asked to provide a copy.
- Have a firm handshake and make eye contact.
- Thank the prospective employer for the opportunity to be interviewed.
- Remember, first impressions go a long way!