The Arizona Assurance Program is an invitation-only program. If you meet all the stated eligibility requirements below, you will be invited to have your parent submit a Resource Evaluation which will be used in conjunction with your 2018-2019 FAFSA for Arizona Assurance conditional selection.
The invitation to complete the Resource Evaluation with complete instructions will be emailed to your official UA email and will be posted in both your Next Steps Center and UAccess Student Center To Do List.
Invitations will begin to be sent to students mid to late October 2017.
- Submit your FAFSA and a completed UA Admissions application (application, transcripts and application fee) by January 8th of your senior year in high school.
- The FAFSA must be official and free of errors by January 8th.
- Demonstrate a total annual family income of $42,400 or less on the FAFSA and be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant based on tax information provided.*
- Earn a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 in required core academic courses from the first six semesters of high school.
- Be admitted to UA Main Campus.
- Be a confirmed Resident of the state of Arizona for tuition purposes no later than May 1st of your senior year in high school.
*The total annual family income and Federal Pell Grant eligibility must be based on actual 2016 tax information. Income adjustments based on an approved Special Circumstances Form will not be considered for AZA consideration.
There are no exceptions to the dates listed above unless you are specifically notified by OSFA in an email stating the due date exception
- Enroll in courses at UA beginning the semester immediately after graduation from an Arizona high school as a degree-seeking full-time freshman enrolled in the UA Main campus.
- Students graduating from high school in May 2018 must be enrolled at the UA in August 2018 (Fall 2018).
- Students graduating from high school in December 2017 must enroll at the UA in January 2018 (spring 2018) for consideration for Arizona Assurance funding for Fall 2018.
Not enrolling at UA the semester immediately after high school graduation forfeits eligibility for consideration to participate in this program
*All requests from OSFA will appear in your UAccess Student Center To Do List in addition to being sent via email to your official UA email address.
Conditional Selection Process
OSFA will notify all students conditionally selected for the 2018-2019 Arizona Assurance Program via email. Selection for this program is conditional based on one or both of the following reasons:
- Self-reported grades
The self-reported grades you provided when you applied for admission to the UA, in conjunction with the information provided on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Resource Evaluation, have been used to determine your conditional selection status.
Once your official high school transcripts are received, your conditional Arizona Assurance selection will be finalized and it will be determined whether you still meet the minimum GPA and high school graduation requirements. If you no longer meet these requirements, your conditional selection status will be revoked.
- Tax verification changes to your 2018-2019 FAFSA:
If you have pending To Do items requiring you to submit 2016 Student and/or Parent Tax information, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) must verify the tax information provided on your 2018-2019 FAFSA. This information has been used to determine your conditional selection status, along with the information provided on your Admissions Application and the Resource Evaluation.
If your eligibility changes as a result of the 2016 tax review, your conditional selection may be revoked.
*Tax extensions are not acceptable for Arizona Assurance funding purposes. Tax extensions are only accepted in lieu of tax transcripts for federal financial aid only.
Arizona Assurance Funding
This program provides selected students up to $2,000 in funding for four consecutive academic years, provided all renewal requirements are met each year.
*FRESHMEN choosing to live on-campus their first year will also receive an additional Arizona Assurance housing subsidy for up to $7,300 to apply towards housing for a maximum total of $9,300 in first-year Arizona Assurance funding.
Funding for on-campus housing is provided for your freshman year only to ensure a solid start at the UA. If you select to live at home or off-campus in year one, funding for housing is not provided. Housing expenses are not covered for years two, three and four.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Students who miss one or more deadline(s) will no longer be eligible for Arizona Assurance Scholars Program consideration.
|October 1, 2017||2018-2019 FAFSA available on FAFSA.ed.gov|
|January 8, 2018||
2018-2019 FAFSA must be submitted
Submit a completed UA Admission Application
Deadline to submit all FAFSA errors/corrections submitted to FAFSA.gov
|January 8, 2018||
Deadline to submit the Resource Evaluation
Deadline to submit the Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) Resource Evaluation or NCP Waiver Request form (if applicable)
|May 1, 201||Deadline to have Arizona Residency status confirmed|
|July 1, 2018||
Submit all documents requested by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA)
Priority Deadline for all Arizona Assurance Funding Appeals
|First Day of Fall 2018 Classes||
Final Deadline for all Arizona Assurance Funding Appeals
If You Did Not Receive an Invitation to Complete the Resource Evaluation:
- If a student believes he/she meets all eligibility criteria and should be invited to complete the Resource Evaluation to be considered for the Arizona Assurance Program, he/she should contact OSFA Aid prior to May 1, 2018 after reviewing the eligibility criteria on this page and comparing it to their FAFSA and UA Admissions Application information.
- Students who do not receive an invitation to complete the Resource Evaluation will not be considered for the Arizona Assurance Program; however, all students who complete and submit the FAFSA will be awarded federal financial aid based on the student's aid eligibility determined by FAFSA.
- All students are encouraged to visit the Scholarship Universe website to seek additional funding opportunities: https://scholarshipuniverse.arizona.edu