Award Amount $1,000
Awards are given on a first come, first served basis to those who qualify as long as there are remaining funds.
- Awards are based on financial need as determined by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Offers are non-negotiable and are not increased to match offers from other institutions.
- Awards are not offered to students admitted for spring semesters.
- Awards are for undergraduate engineering studies only.
Availability Four consecutive years (eight semesters total) for fall and spring semesters only, based on financial need and academic year renewal requirements. This award is not available for use in UA Online programs.
Application A completed UA Admission Application for Fall 2017 and a 2017-2018 FAFSA submitted to the UA, serve as the application for this award.
Deadline Admitted by May 1, 2017
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Students must be admitted to the College of Engineering.
- The award must be used beginning Fall 2017 semester.
- Must demonstrate financial need each academic year with the corresponding years' FAFSA
- Must be in good academic standing (for example a 2.00 GPA or above)
- Must maintain full-time status (12 units) during the fall and spring semesters
- Must remain in a major within the College of Engineering at the beginning of each academic year
How the award is applied
- The award will release in two equal disbursements (fall and spring semesters) to a student's UA Bursar Account approximately ten days before classes begin once the student is enrolled full-time (12+ units per term) at UA.
- This award may be reduced or canceled if enrollment changes to less than 12 units per semester.
- This is intended to be applied toward the Engineering Differential Tuition charges for each eligible fall and spring semester.
National Student Exchange (NSE) & Study Abroad This cash award can be used for NSE and UA Study Abroad programs.
If a student withdraws on or after the first day of classes begin, the student forfeits that semester of award eligibility. This award may be reviewed for reinstatement in future semesters. However, the semester(s) in which your aid was lost are still counted against your total eligibility. This award cannot be extended past the 8 semesters of eligibility. If you have other financial aid, you must review the withdrawal policy here.
Please direct all questions to the College of Engineering at http://engineering.arizona.edu/contact or 520.621.6032.