Your Award Notification lists the financial aid assistance you have been offered toward payment of your tuition, fees and living expenses. Your Award Notification is based on information you supplied on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and an estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) consisting of room, meals, books, supplies, transportation and miscellaneous costs. Your Award Notification can be viewed on UAccess.
If you are receiving additional funding (i.e., stipends, outside scholarships, VA, ROTC and/or tuition awards) not listed on your Award Notification, you must report each resource and the amount to our office. If any of your information changes, this may result in an adjustment to the types and amounts of previously offered financial aid.
In compliance with the university e-mail policy, correspondence from the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) will be sent to the student's official university e-mail account. Students are expected to check their email frequently, in order to stay current with university-related communications.
- Financial aid funds will be disbursed to your Bursar’s account. Your financial transactions are posted in this account three days before classes start as long as all eligibility requirements are met. For questions regarding your Bursar’s account go to http://www.bursar.arizona.edu/.
If your financial aid is not sufficient to cover all charges, you must pay the remaining balance by the first day of class (or make payment arrangements with the Bursar’s Office).
Note: If your account is not paid in full by the 21st day of the semester (even if you are awaiting disbursement of financial aid), all appropriate late charges will apply. For due date information, see http://www.bursar.arizona.edu/students/dates/.
- Funds in excess of UA charges will be disbursed to you according to your Web Refund selection on UAccess http://www.bursar.arizona.edu/students/disbursements.
- If the total of your financial aid award equals or exceeds your UA tuition and fees, a Financial Aid Fee Deferment will be placed automatically on your Bursar’s account. This is to prevent your classes from being dropped. Check UAccess to see if this is applicable to you. Other charges may apply.
- Written notification must be received if you do not want financial aid to pay your university charges. If this option is chosen, you must pay all Bursar account charges. You will be subject to all Bursar payment deadlines. You must notify our office after account charges have been paid to allow release of your financial aid.
- If you decide not to attend UA, you must cancel your classes prior to the first day of the semester using UAccess. You must also notify OSFA of your decision.