Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
search icon
Twitter bird


Click on any question below to view the answer.

Do I need to provide proof of citizenship?

The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will e-mail you if you are required to submit proof of citizenship or any other documents. This request will also be on your UAccess under To-Do Items.

What documentation is sufficient to prove my U.S. Citizenship?

Your U.S. Citizenship can be documented with a photocopy of one of these signed documents:

  • U.S. Birth Certificate
  • Vital Record
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • U.S. Passport
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240)
  • Certification of Report of Birth (Form DS-1350)

My Certificate of Citizenship/Certificate of Naturalization instructs me not to photocopy. What should I do?

Older versions of the Certificate of Citizenship and the Certificate of Naturalization instruct the holder not to photocopy. The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services has advised the Department that these documents may be photocopied if done for lawful purposes such as documenting eligibility for Federal Student Aid funds.

  • Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, P.O. Box 210066, Tucson, AZ 85721
  • Phone: 520.621.1858
  • Fax: 520.621.9473