Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal Guidelines
The 2020-2021 Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal deadline has passed.
To open a .pdf you may need to download the free Adobe Reader
Priority Deadline: July 1, 2020
Final Deadline: August 28, 2020, First Friday of Fall 2020 Classes
Reasons for Funding Appeal
Appeals are considered independently according to the circumstances of that request. Common examples of situations giving rise to a request for appeal include, but are not limited to:
- Student’s own medical or physical illness or injury or disability
- Personal Reasons
- Family, including death of a family member
- Other extenuating circumstances that are beyond the student’s control
Requirements for Funding Appeals
- Attach a personal statement explaining the circumstances of the request, which should be no longer than one page in length;
- Attach supporting documentation (e.g., letter from religious leader related to religious missions, letter of acceptance into non-UA-study abroad program, call to active duty, letter from attorney or other individual confirming circumstances beyond the student’s control, etc.).
- Complete the Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal form in its entirety
Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid realizes that it will not always be feasible for students to collect medical documentation associated with their Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal request. Effective 3/23/2020, the requirement for students to include any medical documentation will be waived until further notice.
The University reserves the right to modify this process at any time. Submission of an Arizona Assurance Funding Appeal does not guarantee approval.