This is a need-based, institutional grant award reserved for Non-Arizona Residents. It is renewable for up to ten, consecutive semesters at the UA.
Achievement Award Selections for 2018-2019
Fall 2018 incoming Freshmen and Transfer students who meet certain criteria will be invited to submit additional financial information via the Resource Evaluation form for Achievement Award consideration. This information is then used, in conjunction with the information provided on the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), for Achievement Award selections.
If you have been asked to complete this form, review instructions in your UAccess Student Center To Do list and the email sent to your UA email address from OSFA.
The deadline to submit the Resource Evaluation form is April 1, 2018
OSFA will notify students who are also required to have their Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) submit the NCP Resource Evaluation form only after the Custodial Parent (parent on the FAFSA) submits the Custodial Resource Evaluation form. This notification will be sent via email to your official UA email account and be posted in your UAccess Student Center To Do list.
The final deadline to submit the NCP Resource Evaluation form (or the NCP Waiver request if the student does not have contact with the NCP) is May 1, 2018.
OSFA will begin to notify students who are selected to receive this award beginning in early December 2017.
Achievement Award Renewal
This award is renewable for up to ten, consecutive semesters granted the student meets all renewal criteria stated below.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1st each year
- Display financial need as calculated by the FAFSA
- Remain a non-Arizona resident for tuition purposes
- Continuous, consecutive, full-time enrollment (12+ UA units) in UA Main Campus
- Students with extenuating circumstances preventing him or her from meeting the renewal requirements may submit a General Appeal Form for review by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA).
- Eligibility for this award is a total of ten consecutive semesters, interrupted only by an approved deferment request from OSFA. To request the deferment for Achievement Award, students should complete the General Aid Appeal form.
- Students must visit the Office of the Registrar website in order to determine enrollment eligibility upon return to the UA.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
- National Student Exchange (NSE) students who select Plan B may use this award toward their UA tuition charges through the Bursar account.
- National Student Exchange (NSE) students who select Plan A may not use this award during semester(s) on the program. However, students on a UA National Student Exchange program, who are meeting the renewal criteria, will receive automatic scholarship deferments from OSFA.
- Students may not use this scholarship if studying abroad or on an International Student Exchange. However, students on a UA-Sponsored Study Abroad program, who are meeting the renewal criteria, will receive automatic scholarship deferments from OSFA.
- Students on non-UA-sponsored study abroad programs must have an approved Deferment Request from OSFA. To request the deferment for Achievement Award, students must complete the General Aid Appeal form.
The Achievement Award is a renewable, need-based institutional award that is held to the Return of Title IV Policy set forth for federal financial aid.
Please direct all questions to OSFA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-1858.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Continuing Achievement Award Recipients
|October 1, 2017||
2018-2019 FAFSA Application available
|April 1, 2018||2018-2019 FAFSA must be submitted|
|May 1, 2018||
Date by which the Resource Evaluation for FAFSA and Non-Custodial Parent (if applicable) must be submitted
Date by which the Request for Waiver of Non-Custodial Parent Information form must be submitted, if applicable
Date by which FAFSA rejects and/or errors must be resolved
Date by which all requested documentation be submitted to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) for timely processing