Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
search icon
Twitter bird

Social Security Number

Click on any question below to view the answer.

I am required to submit a copy of my Social Security Card, but I don't have one or I lost it. What can I do?

To request another copy of your Social Security Card, please contact the Social Security Administration on-line at, call 1.800.772.1213 or visit the local office at 3500 N. Campbell Ave.  We cannot accept other documentation for verification of your Social Security Number.   Without a copy of your Social Security Card, we cannot process and disburse your financial aid.

I am an international student and do not qualify for a social security number. What do I do?

If you do not qualify to apply for a social security number you may obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). To initiate the ITIN process, you must contact the University of Arizona's Office of International Student Programs & Services at 520.621.4627. Additional information is available at

  • Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, P.O. Box 210066, Tucson, AZ 85721
  • Phone: 520.621.1858
  • Fax: 520.621.9473