Cost: Current Undergraduate Students
We recognize that college is a big investment for you and your family. From internships to jobs to study abroad, the experiences you have as an Arizona Wildcat will help you build the skills for a lifetime of success. Your Arizona journey is an investment in yourself that pays off immediately and lasts a lifetime.
2021-2022 Cost of Attendance for Current Undergraduate Students
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) lists the average living and student expenses you are likely to incur during the academic year (fall and spring semesters). The dollar amounts are calculated by surveying current Arizona students and using other resources including the Consumer Price Index.
|HOUSING||LIVING W/PARENT||ON-CAMPUS HOUSING||OFF-CAMPUS HOUSING||ON-CAMPUS HOUSING||OFF-CAMPUS HOUSING|
|Estimated per Semester||$10,475||$15,375||$14,100||$27,625||$26,350|
|Estimated Total per Year||$20,950||$30,750||$28,200||$55,250||$52,700|
*Loan Fees will vary depending on a student's exact loan amounts.
Understanding Cost of Attendance
Tuition: The average cost of base tuition and mandatory fees is based on full time enrollment projections. Actual costs for a student will vary depending on the student’s major and residency.
Room and Board: This is an estimate of living expenses while attending the University of Arizona. This includes rent, food, household supplies and utilities.
Books/Supplies: This is the average cost of books and supplies for a typical student for an entire academic year. This includes books, educational supplies, and technology-related expenses.
Travel: Average transportation costs include standard vehicle maintenance, commuting to campus, and trips home. What a student actually spends on travel may be higher or lower depending on their number of trips, distance, and mode of travel.
Miscellaneous: This is an estimate of costs for clothing, haircuts, entertainment and other living expenses that the student might already be paying for. What they actually spend on these types of items may be higher or lower depending on their lifestyle.
Direct Costs are the amounts billed directly to you (via your student account) by the University. These costs can include:
- Tuition and Mandatory Fees
- Course Fees/Program Fees
- Room & Board for On-Campus Housing and Meal Plans
- Books and Supplies (if you charge the purchase to your student account)
- Travel (if you purchase an on-campus parking permit)
- Campus Health Plan (if you are covered by the University's Health Plan)
Visit the Bursar's Office website to learn more about the student account, billing statements, due dates, payment plans, and more.
Indirect Costs are other expenses you might incur as a student. These costs are not billed directly to you by the University. Indirect costs include:
- Room & Board for Off-Campus housing and food
- Books and Supplies (if paid by you or a third party)
- Medical/Dental expenses
- Miscellaneous Personal Expenses (i.e., laundry, personal grooming items, etc.)
Indirect costs will vary depending on your individual situation. The Cost of Attendance assigned to you includes estimates for these items to help you plan ahead.
Visit our Resources webpage for tips on cash management and financial planning resources including tips for budgeting your financial aid.
- The undergraduate tuition amounts listed above reflect the 2020-2021 approved tuition rates. If you are part of another Guaranteed Tuition Rate or pay the non-guaranteed tuition rate, review your tuition and fees here.
- This is not a bill. This is only an estimate. All amounts shown here or in other university publications or Web pages represent tuition and fees as currently approved. However, the University of Arizona reserves the right to increase or modify tuition and fees without prior notice, upon approval by the Arizona Board of Regents or as otherwise consistent with Board policy, and to make such modifications applicable to students enrolled at the Arizona at that time as well as to incoming students. In addition, all tuition amounts and fees are subject to change at any time for correction of errors. Finally, please note, that fee amounts billed for any period may be adjusted at a future date.
- Some courses may have additional course fees or course related expenses. Refer to the Schedule of Classes for details.
- Residents and Nonresidents are charged tuition at the same rate for Summer Sessions.
- Tuition figures above include tuition plus approved mandatory fees. Dollar amounts have been rounded.