This is a need-based, institutional grant award reserved for Non-Arizona Residents. It is renewable for up to eight, consecutive semesters at the University of Arizona.
Achievement Award Selections for 2020-2021
Fall 2020 incoming Freshman and Transfer students who meet certain criteria will be invited to submit additional financial information via the Resource Evaluation form for Achievement Award consideration. This information is then used, in conjunction with the information provided on the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), for Achievement Award selections.
If you have been asked to complete the Resource Evaluation form, review instructions in your UAccess Student Center To Do list and the email sent to your UA email address from OSFA.
The deadline to submit the Resource Evaluation form is April 1, 2020
OSFA will notify students who are also required to have their Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) submit the NCP Resource Evaluation form only after the Custodial Parent (parent on the FAFSA) submits the Custodial Parent Resource Evaluation form. This notification will be sent via email to your official University of Arizona email account and be posted in your UAccess Student Center To Do list.
The final deadline to submit the NCP Resource Evaluation form (or the NCP Waiver request if the student does not have contact with the NCP) is May 1, 2020.
OSFA will begin to notify students who are selected to receive this award beginning in early December 2019.
Achievement Award Renewal
This award is renewable for up to eight, consecutive semesters granted the student meets all renewal criteria stated below.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year
- Display financial need as calculated by the FAFSA
- Remain a non-Arizona resident for tuition purposes
- Continuous, consecutive, full-time enrollment (12+ University of Arizona units) on University of Arizona Main Campus
- Students with extenuating circumstances preventing him or her from meeting the renewal requirements may submit a General Appeal Form for review by OSFA.
- Eligibility for this award is a total of eight consecutive semesters, interrupted only by an approved deferment request from OSFA. To request the deferment for Achievement Award, students should complete the General Aid Appeal form.
- Students must visit the Office of the Registrar website in order to determine enrollment eligibility upon return to the University of Arizona.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
- National Student Exchange (NSE) students who select Plan B may use this award toward their University of Arizona tuition charges through the Bursar account.
- National Student Exchange (NSE) students who select Plan A may not use this award during semester(s) on the program. However, students on a University of Arizona National Student Exchange program, who are meeting the renewal criteria, will receive automatic scholarship deferments from OSFA.
- Students may not use this award if studying abroad or on an International Student Exchange. However, students on a UA-Sponsored Study Abroad program may use this award.
- Students on non-UA-sponsored study abroad programs must have an approved Deferment Request from OSFA. To request the deferment for Achievement Award, students must complete the General Aid Appeal form.
The Achievement Award is a renewable, need-based institutional award that is held to the Return of Title IV Policy set forth for federal financial aid.
Please direct all questions to OSFA by using the Ask Aid portal or 520-621-1858.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Fall 2020 Incoming Freshman and Transfer students
|October 1, 2019||
2020-2021 FAFSA Application available
|December 2019||Achievement Award Selections begin|
|April 1, 2020||2020-2021 FAFSA must be submitted|
|April 1, 2020||Date by which the Custodial Resource Evaluation form must be submitted|
|May 1, 2020||
Date by which the Non-Custodial Parent (if applicable) must be submitted
Date by which the Request for Waiver of Non-Custodial Parent Information form must be submitted, if applicable
Date by which FAFSA rejects and/or errors must be resolved
Date by which all requested documentation be submitted to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) for timely processing
Fall 2020 Continuing Students
|October 1, 2019||2020-2021 FAFSA Application available|