This is a need-based, institutional grant award reserved for Non-Arizona Residents. It is renewable for up to eight consecutive semesters at the University of Arizona.
Achievement Award Selections for 2021-2022
Fall 2021 incoming Freshman and Transfer students who meet certain criteria will be invited to submit additional information via the Resource Evaluation Poll for Achievement Award consideration. In some cases, students will be asked for a Resource Evaluation Form to be completed by their non-FAFSA parent. The information collected on the Resource Evaluation Poll and the Non-FAFSA Parent Resource Evaluation Form (if applicable) will then be used, in conjunction with the information provided on the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), for Achievement Award selections.
If you have been asked to complete the Resource Evaluation Poll, review instructions in your UAccess Student Center To Do list and the email sent to your University of Arizona email address from Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA).
The deadline to submit the Resource Evaluation Poll is April 1, 2021.
OSFA will notify students who are also required to have their Non-FAFSA Parent submit the Non-FAFSA Parent Resource Evaluation Form only after the student responds to the Resource Evaluation Poll. This notification will be sent via email to your official University of Arizona email account and will be posted in your UAccess Student Center To Do List.
The final deadline to submit the Non-FAFSA Parent Resource Evaluation Form, or the 2021-2022 Request for Waiver of Non-FAFSA Parent Information Form (if the student does not have contact with the parent) is May 1, 2021.
OSFA will begin to notify students who are selected to receive this award in December 2020.
Achievement Award Renewal
This award is renewable for up to eight consecutive semesters granted the student meets all renewal criteria stated below.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year
- Display financial need as calculated by the FAFSA
- Remain a non-Arizona resident for tuition purposes
- Continuous, consecutive, full-time enrollment (12+ University of Arizona units) on University of Arizona Main Campus
- Students with extenuating circumstances preventing them from meeting the renewal requirements may submit a General Appeal Form for review by OSFA.
- Eligibility for this award is a total of eight consecutive semesters, interrupted only by an approved deferment request from OSFA. To request the deferment for Achievement Award, students should complete the General Appeal Form.
- Students must visit the Office of the Registrar website in order to determine enrollment eligibility upon return to the University of Arizona.
Study Abroad and Student Exchange
- National Student Exchange (NSE) students who select Plan B may use this award toward their University of Arizona tuition charges through the Bursar account.
- National Student Exchange (NSE) students who select Plan A may not use this award during semester(s) on the program. However, students on a University of Arizona National Student Exchange program, who are meeting the renewal criteria, will receive automatic scholarship deferments from OSFA.
- Students may not use this award if studying abroad or on an International Student Exchange. However, students on a UA-Sponsored Study Abroad program may use this award.
- Students on non-UA-sponsored study abroad programs must have an approved Deferment Request from OSFA. To request the deferment for Achievement Award, students must complete the General Appeal Form.
The Achievement Award is a renewable, need-based institutional award that is held to the Return of Title IV Policy set forth for federal financial aid.
Please direct all questions to OSFA by using the Ask Aid portal or 520-621-1858.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Fall 2021 Incoming Freshman and Transfer students
|October 1, 2020||
2021-2022 FAFSA Application available
|December 2020||Achievement Award Selections begin|
|April 1, 2021||2021-2022 FAFSA must be submitted|
|April 1, 2021||Date by which the Resource Evaluation Poll must be submitted by the student|
|May 1, 2021||
Date by which the Non-FAFSA Parent Resource Evaluation Form must be submitted (if applicable)
Date by which the 2021-2022 Request for Waiver of Non-FAFSA Parent Information Form must be submitted, if applicable
Date by which FAFSA rejects and/or errors must be resolved
Date by which all requested documentation must be submitted to the OSFA for timely processing
Fall 2021 Continuing Students
|October 1, 2020||2021-2022 FAFSA Application available|