This is a need-based, institutional grant award reserved for Non-Arizona Residents seeking their First Bachelor's Degree at the University of Arizona Main Campus.
Achievement Award Selections for 2023-2024
Fall 2023 incoming first-year and transfer students who meet certain criteria will be invited to submit additional information via the Resource Evaluation Poll for Achievement Award consideration. In some cases, students will be asked for a Resource Evaluation Form to be completed by their non-FAFSA parent. The information collected on the Resource Evaluation Poll and the Non-FAFSA Parent Resource Evaluation Form (if applicable) will then be used, in conjunction with the information provided on the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), for Achievement Award selections.
If you have been asked to complete the Resource Evaluation Poll, review instructions in your UAccess Student Center To Do list and the email sent to your University of Arizona email address from Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA).
The deadline to submit the Resource Evaluation Poll is April 1, 2023.
OSFA will notify students who are also required to have their Non-FAFSA Parent submit the Resource Evaluation Form only after the student responds to the Resource Evaluation Poll. This notification will be sent via email to your official University of Arizona email account and will also be posted in your UAccess Student Center To Do List and Next Steps Center.
The final deadline to submit the Non-FAFSA Parent Resource Evaluation Form, or the 2023-2024 Request for Waiver of Non-FAFSA Parent Information Form (if the student does not have contact with the parent) is May 1, 2023.
OSFA will begin to notify students who are selected to receive this award in early 2023.
Achievement Award Renewal
This award is renewable for up to eight consecutive semesters (for First Year Fall 2023 admits) and up to four consecutive semesters (for Transfer Fall 2023 admits) granted the student meets all renewal criteria stated below.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year
- Display financial need as calculated by the FAFSA
- Remain a non-Arizona resident for tuition purposes
- Continuous, consecutive, full-time enrollment (12+ University of Arizona units) on University of Arizona Main Campus each fall and spring semester
- Students with extenuating circumstances preventing them from meeting the renewal requirements may submit a General Appeal Form for review by OSFA.
- Eligibility for this award is a total of eight consecutive semesters (First Year Fall 2023 admits) or a total of four consecutive semesters (Transfer Fall 2023 admits), interrupted only by an approved deferment request from OSFA. To request a deferment for Achievement Award, students should complete the General Appeal Form.
- Students must visit the Office of the Registrar website in order to determine enrollment eligibility upon return to the University of Arizona.
Students may use this award toward costs to participate in an Arizona-Sponsored Study Abroad program.
Students on non-Arizona-sponsored study abroad programs must have an approved Deferment Request from OSFA. To request a deferment for Achievement Award, students must complete the General Appeal Form.
Students must remain enrolled at the University of Arizona Main Campus to receive Achievement Award funding. If a student requests a campus change from the Main Campus to another campus (Arizona Online, Distance, etc.), their Achievement Award will be canceled.
The Achievement Award is a renewable, need-based institutional award that is held to the Return of Title IV Policy set forth for federal financial aid.
Please direct all questions to OSFA by using the Ask Aid portal or 520-621-1858.
Fall 2023 Incoming Freshman and Transfer students
|October 1, 2022||
2023-2024 FAFSA Application available
|January 2023||Achievement Award Selections begin|
|April 1, 2023||2023-2024 FAFSA must be submitted|
|April 1, 2023||Date by which the Resource Evaluation Poll must be submitted by the student|
|May 1, 2023||
Date by which the Non-FAFSA Parent Resource Evaluation Form must be submitted (if applicable)
Date by which the 2023-2024 Request for Waiver of Non-FAFSA Parent Information Form must be submitted, if applicable
Date by which FAFSA rejects and/or errors must be resolved
Date by which all requested documentation must be submitted to the OSFA for timely processing
Fall 2023 Continuing Students
|October 1, 2022||2023-2024 FAFSA Application available|